The famous Austrian Sacher cake for all fans of chocolate desserts. Delicate cakes, an abundance of chocolate flavor and a juicy fruity note make this cake ideal for all sweet lovers.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make this classic recipe with ease and enjoy its incredible taste.
Sacher cake recipe
Calorie content: 374 kcal/100g
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Difficulty of preparation: high
Ingredients for form d 24cm:
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 230 g flour
- 200 g sugar
- 8 eggs (separate the whites from the yolks)
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
For filling and coating:
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 90 g butter
- 6 apricot jam
Recipe step by step:
- 1. First, turn on the oven to heat up to 180 degrees.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a water bath, stirring constantly.
- 3. Beat softened butter with sugar and a pinch of salt.
- 4. Add melted chocolate to the butter and egg yolks in turn.
- 5. Separately, beat the whites with vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt with a mixer until a steep foam forms.
- 6. Carefully introduce the resulting foam into the chocolate mass, slowly mixing from top to bottom.
- 7. Add flour to the chocolate mixture, sift through a sieve and mix thoroughly.
- 8. Lubricate the baking dish with butter and lay out the dough.
- 9. Bake for an hour, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
Preparing the topping for the cake.
- Break chocolate into pieces and add butter. Melt in a water bath or microwave.
Let's move on to the final stage.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally. Brush the bottom with half of the apricot jam.
- Cover with the top of the biscuit and brush with the remaining jam.
- Pour chocolate icing on top of the cake, smooth with a knife or spatula and leave for 2 hours to harden.
- Using a syringe or a pastry bag, you can make the inscription "Sacher", as with a classic serving. And if you add a ball of your favorite ice cream to a piece of cake, the taste will become even brighter.
Tip: another option for the filling and icing is to replace the apricot jam with blueberry jam, and for the icing, mix 200 g of melted chocolate with 100 g of whipped cream.